Nurse Practitioner - PRN
|Location:||Fort Walton Beach, FL|
|Salary Range:||Negotiable |
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
Regency Hospice - Nurse Practitioner PRN
We are committed to being a world class organization that provides the highest quality care to our patients. Our philosophy and culture are built around having highly experienced hospice professionals, who are experts in pain management and in providing support and counseling for patients and families.
We recognize that a person is more than a physical body and we provide skilled professionals and volunteers to assist with not only the physical needs, but emotional and spiritual needs as well. We also recognize the family unit, and support is offered to family caregivers that includes counseling and education.
A registered nurse is always on call, 24 hours, to answer questions and to provide assistance and support when needed. We will provide care to every eligible patient in our service area, regardless of medical conditions, lifestyle, religious, cultural or ethnic background. We believe all patients who are eligible for hospice should receive hospice. After all this is the time When Life Matters Most...
- Provide patient visits to assess eligibility and ongoing appropriateness of hospice patients.
- Provide clinical guidance and expertise to our hospice staff and medical directors.
- Provide treatment, consultation, and follow up care of patients under the direct supervision of a physician. The nursing practitioner provides medical care at the level of training attained.
- Maintain accurate and legible medical records, while documenting all medical evaluations, diagnosis, procedures, treatment, prognosis, referrals, education, and consultations that are consistent with state regulatory standards.
- Facilitate the evaluation of patient records by communicating with their physicians on protocols, and will receive and implement constructive directives.
- Provide clinical expertise and participate in interdisciplinary team decisions regarding prognosis and medical management of patient needs, assuring that the highest quality of medical care is provided and that continuity and comprehensiveness of care is maintained.
- Cooperate with the patient's attending physician and other consulting physicians to coordinate an appropriate plan of care.
- Work cooperatively with and report to the Medical Director to ensure quality care for each patient.
- Assure response time to consultation requests occur in a clinically appropriate manner.
- Provide coverage in the event of absence of other medical coverage.
- Provide comprehensive and efficient patient care.
Current unencumbered license to practice medicine as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of Florida
One year experience as a Nurse Practitioner
Current driver's license
Desired: Hospice or Home Health Care experience
o Mileage Reimbursement
o 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.